Teacher of Religious Education
This job expired on 27 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
29 August 2023
27 February 2023 at 9am
30 January 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000- £38,810
What skills and experience we're looking for
Teacher of Religious Education
Suitable for ECT’s
Employer: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Location: St Paul’s Catholic School, Evington, Leicester
Grade: MPS £28,000-£38,810
Contract Type: Full time - 32.5 hours per week
Contract Term: Permanent starting from 29th August 2023
Closing Date: Monday 27th February, at 9am
Interview Date: Monday 13th March
St Paul’s is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Teacher of Religious Education from August 2023.
The successful candidate will enjoy the support and collaboration of a very supportive well established team.
St Paul’s is a thriving and successful 11-18 Catholic School, with 1140 students from a variety of backgrounds and faiths. It was judged good at its last inspection with Sixth form being outstanding. St Paul’s is ambitious for its students and staff and the school has continued to improve in all areas since the 2018 inspection. Ofsted described the school as “inclusive and caring” and students as “polite, caring and helpful.”
We can offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to be part of a warm inclusive community
- A respectful and ethical working environment with a supportive culture
- A belief and commitment to work life balance for all staff
- A strong centralised behaviour system with an embedded culture of respect and hard work, allowing teachers to teach effectively, free from low-level disruption.
- A robust approach to assessment, which is not reliant on ineffective burdensome marking.
- The opportunity to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5
- Membership of the Medicash health care scheme
- Employer pension contributions of over 20%
- Nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay
- Access to our Electric Car Scheme
- Career enhancement and development opportunities which include:
- Funded NCE courses at all levels,
- Professional development via the Leicestershire and Rutland Teaching School Hub
What the school offers its staff
To be our ideal candidate you will:
- be passionate about your subject
- be excited and ready to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- have the vision to facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- be up-to-date with the latest research on effective teaching in RE
- have experience of teaching at KS3 and 4
- be ambitious and collaborative
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment
To apply for this post please complete the application via the Trust Vacancies page by the closing date as stated above.
The interview process will include opportunities to see the school, but should you wish to visit prior to application please contact Helen Oliver, PA to the Principalholiver@st-pauls.leicester.sch.uk
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Paul's Catholic School, a Voluntary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1143 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to St Paul's Catholic School, a Voluntary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Alvaston Moor Academy
Brackens Lane, Derby, DE24 0AN
Teacher of Humanities / Religious Studies
Bluecoat Beechdale Academy
Harvey Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 3GP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leicester and Leicestershire and Rutland