Teacher of Religious Studies 0.8
This job expired on 18 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
18 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
22 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Part timejobs - To be agreed
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Successful teaching of all aspects of Religious Studies to GCSE and A Level (if applicable).
- Experience of teaching full ability range.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge of current educational issues.
- Able to offer specific knowledge and understanding related to the areas identified within the job specification.
- Awareness of current issues and changes in the Religious Studies curriculum.
Skills, abilities and attributes
- Ability to demonstrate that you are an outstanding classroom teacher.
- Proven track record of examination success at GCSE (and A Level where applicable).
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Able to analyse and synthesise information.
- The ability to form good working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Confident user of ICT.
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer:
- A welcoming school
- Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- A strong senior and curriculum leadership team
- A supportive working environment
- Strong support for professional development including membership of the Oaks Collegiate
- Excellent opportunities for promotion
- Staff Wellbeing and support programme
- Generous planning and preparation time allocation
The successful applicant will join a team of strong practitioners who work together to inspire students to succeed. This is an excellent school to work in, with students who are ambitious and motivated to learn and staff who support each other. We are not only committed to developing our students, but you will also be fully supported with your own professional development.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Hillcrest School and Sixth Form Centre
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 614 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 464 3172
Hillcrest School is an all-girls 11 to 16 school with a mixed sixth form located on a green field site in Edgbaston constituency on the southwest edge of Birmingham. Our students come from a range of backgrounds across Birmingham and surrounding areas. The school was rated ‘Good’ with outstanding behaviour and safety by Ofsted in September 2013, and following a short inspection in July 2017 and again in September 2022, retained our ‘Good’ rating. We are focused on continuing our drive for excellent attainment and progress outcomes, with an aspiration to be rated ‘Outstanding’ at our full next inspection.
Arranging a visit to Hillcrest School and Sixth Form Centre
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Kings Avenue, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS12 1DH
Ark Boulton Academy
Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B11 2QG
Teacher of Religious Education (with some Humanities teaching)
The Broadway, Birmingham, West Midlands, B20 3DP
Teacher of History or Religious Education
Myton Road, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34 6PJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands