Teacher of Religious Studies - 1 Yr maternity cover - Full time to 0.6 FTE
This job expired on 20 March 2023
Job start date
5 June 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - The role can be flexible between 0.6 and full time (there would be additional responsibilities if full time and this may include an element of some tutoring and/or general cover).
- View all Part timejobs - The role can be flexible between 0.6 and full time (there would be additional responsibilities if full time and this may include an element of some tutoring and/or general cover).
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 year from June 2023
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
Specific details regarding the role and skills and qualities that the successful candidate will need to demonstrate are in the attached job description and person specification.
What the school offers its staff
One of our unique strengths and selling points is our commitment to staff which includes:
- Reduced teaching allocation to allow for each faculty to meet collaboratively for an hour each fortnight in specialist subject teams to support subject specific pedagogy and development
- Access to a range of salary sacrifice schemes (e.g. childcare, bicycle, electric vehicles)
- Leadership and Teaching & Learning development opportunities
- A supportive environment where work/life balance issues are considered carefully
- An ECT programme which receives very positive feedback
- Access to school fitness facilities out of school hours
- Higher priority for admission of children of staff into the school
Further details about the role
RS is a popular subject with consistently high results both at GCSE and A-level. You would be working alongside two other full time RS teachers passionate about their subject and who are committed to improving their educational practice through engagement with educational reading and reflection.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to make a difference in the lives of young people. We place a strong emphasis on pastoral work and the role of a tutor, and use a restorative approach in supporting pupils. The school is heavily oversubscribed and results are considerably above local and national averages (progress 8 in 21/22 was +0.25).
As this is a maternity cover, we are open to candidates who may be available from June 2023 (this could potentially be a fixed term contract / temporary assignment coming to an end or a student teacher coming to the end of their training).
Our vision for all our pupils is that they are valued and inspired to be the best that they can be. We seek to develop the following 4 qualities in our pupils:
- Aspiration- Whickham students set aspirational goals that are ambitious and without limitation.
- Respect- Without compromise, Whickham students demonstrate respect for themselves, others and their environment.
- Resilience- Whickham students persevere with challenges especially when faced with setbacks.
- Empathy- Whickham students strive to be kind, caring and and understanding of each other’s feelings and needs.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Whickham School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1694 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Whickham School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0191 4960026
Whickham School is a large and successful school in Gateshead with over 1700 students including approximately 350 in our high performing sixth form. Demand for student places is strong and the school is regularly oversubscribed. Students are organised into year groups whilst eight faculties deliver the school curriculum. The Sixth Form, which has its own dedicated facility, is an increasingly popular choice of students from all over the local area. In January 2020 many faculties moved into a brand new, state of the art, STEAMS themed building. The stunning four storey building houses Science, Technology (plus Business and IT), Engineering, Art, Maths and Sport. The Leadership Team meet weekly and share responsibility for policy generation, decision making, planning and the general wellbeing of the school. The relevant governing body committee is involved in strategic planning and policies from the onset. Faculty and Year groups meet every two weeks to discuss strategic issues
Arranging a visit to Whickham School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Tyne and Wear