Teacher of Religious Studies (Maternity Cover) Full or Part Time
Are you inspired by the idea of sharing life’s big questions?
We are looking for a Religious Studies specialist, to join us in January to cover the maternity leave of an experienced and well respected colleague. If you are an inspirational and excellent communicator, you will join a high performing, motivated, and specialist department which supports students to achieve excellent results at GCSE. We require a purposeful and committed individual who has the necessary adaptability, flexibility, skills and attributes to have a real impact across Religious Studies learning in KS3 and KS4. We offer an excellent induction programme alongside a supportive working environment.
Please apply for the role if you are:
• dynamic and outgoing
• passionate about engaging students with the Religious Studies curriculum, and enriching this curriculum in line with our ethos of "Opportunity; Progress; Care"
• enthusiastic and full of ideas, with the drive to make things happen
• able to nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)
• able to commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
• Provide a supportive learning environment
• Offer you the opportunity to make a difference
• Offer you the chance to develop your career through our extensive CPD programme
Amery Hill School - Education for life
Amery Hill is a very popular 11-16 fully inclusive secondary school where excellence and high aspirations permeate every aspect of school life. Every student is valued as an individual and whatever their goals, staff are there to support, nurture and assist them along their journey to success.
‘The caring and stimulating culture you have created encourages all pupils to do their best’
(OFSTED Feb. 2017)
• We aim to prepare every student with the skills, qualities and resilience to succeed in an ever changing world
• We believe in challenging all our students to better themselves and aspire to be the very best that they can be
• We wish for all students to care and respect any other individual regardless of gender, disability, race, culture, religion or sexuality
For further information visit our Website at http://www.ameryhill.hants.sch.uk/. Applications should be addressed to Mr Stephen Mann, Headteacher and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application form is required of all candidates as part of the application process. A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not required and will, therefore, not be considered within the short listing process.
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.
Essential educational requirements
Teacher training qualification.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
This role is suitable for either an experienced practitioner, or a newly qualified teacher.
About Amery Hill School
Academy, ages 11-16
- Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2BZ
- Amery Hill School website (opens in a new window)