Teacher of Science
Wood Green School, Witney, Oxfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Wood Green School is seeking to recruit an excellent teacher of Science who is able to teach Biology to KS5 to join our Science department whose results are regularly in the top 15% nationally. Wood Green is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
The right candidate – Teacher of Science
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Science to join our successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2020.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Science
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Science Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A Science Department that achieves outstanding outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Science. Well over 50% of the Sixth Form students take at least one Science A Level.
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
To apply for the post of Teacher of Science, please complete:
1. A letter that:
• includes your reasons for applying for this post,
• sets out your approach to excellent Science teaching
2. An Acer Trust application form. You may use the section ‘ Relevant Experience’ to share any additional information, relevant experience and success
Your application form and letter should be submitted to Faith Green, email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 20th January 2020 (12 noon)
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.
Essential educational requirements
Good undergraduate degree or equivalent
QTS or PGCE
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach Science at KS 3, 4 and 5 and Biology to KS5More on how to apply
|School size||1116 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Wood Green School website (opens in a new window)|
About Wood Green School
Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX