choose Park High School?
- Park High
School is an ambitious, happy, and vibrant place to work with a family of
supporting colleagues who are committed to promoting a warm and friendly
- A strong team
of staff who work together with a common goal.
- Quality First
teaching is at the core of everything we do.
- Every student
is entitled to experience a variety of teaching and learning styles which
enable them to achieve their full potential and be the best they can be.
Pennine Trust is a vibrant, cross phase multi academy trust which was jointly
established by three primary schools and one secondary school in 2018. We are committed to high quality
professional development and a strong commitment and approach to the
development of people at all levels of the organisation. Working at the Pennine Trust offers:
- A strong culture driven by values
- A supportive Central Trust Team who
believe that through strong collaboration, all children within our trust will
have better outcomes
- High quality professional development
- A commitment to providing every child
with the best possible start in life
- Exceptional curriculum and pedagogy
in all our schools
- High quality pastoral care and
The right candidate will be totally aligned with
our values, embrace our behaviours and play a full part in fulfilling our
mission: Creating Opportunity, Inspiring Excellence, Shaping Tomorrow.
The fundamental responsibilities applying to all classroom teachers are set down in the current Professional Standards for Teachers document which are summarised below. All teaching staff will be responsible to the appropriate Head of Department or Faculty for their teaching role and to the appropriate Head of Year for their pastoral role.
''All teaching staff shall perform, in accordance with any direction which may reasonably be given to them by the Headteacher from time to time, such particular duties as may reasonably be assigned to them'.”
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- establish a safe and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect
- set goals that stretch and challenge pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour which are expected of pupils.
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- be accountable for pupils’ attainment, progress and outcomes
- be aware of pupils’ capabilities and their prior knowledge, and plan teaching to build on these
- guide pupils to reflect on the progress they have made and their emerging needs
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn and how this impacts on teaching
- encourage pupils to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- have a secure knowledge of the relevant subject(s) and curriculum areas, foster and maintain pupils’ interest in the subject, and address misunderstandings
- demonstrate a critical understanding of developments in the subject and curriculum areas, and promote the value of scholarship
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.