Teacher of Science
18 days remaining to apply
Start date details
19 April 2023 at 11:59pm
16 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- MPS 1 - UPS 3 £28,000-£43,685pa FTE
What skills and experience we're looking for
- We require an enthusiastic and highly committed person who will be an excellent teacher of Science.
- The successful candidate will:
- Have the capacity to generate energy and enthusiasm for learning
- Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- Be a reflective and resilient practitioner
- Have a commitment to inclusion;
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- Have a commitment to the school’s ethos and vision
- Be able to establish strong relationships with students and staff
- Model professional standards across all areas of work.
- Our schools work as a team and achieve great things through these partnerships. Our subject specialists, our trust-wide intranet, a common curriculum and our online learning resources all help us share knowledge and expertise simplifying work processes allowing staff to focus on high quality teaching.
What the school offers its staff
At Thomas Middlecott Academy we believe that all students are entitled to a rigorous curriculum with knowledge at its core. Our teachers are highly qualified subject experts who deliver lessons via our own version of fully guided instruction. We are research informed, and as such, we ensure that every lesson of every day counts.
We have unashamedly high expectations of out students. We will not let them down by offering them any less than the best schools in the country offer. Our students will leave us with the knowledge, skills and experiences they need to thrive in their next destinations.
At Thomas Middlecott, we operate a warm/strict philosophy. We are unapologetically strict when it comes to expectations; we are very clear about how things are done here- there are no grey areas at TMA . We value our relationships between staff and students, ensuring that barriers to learning are removed and that students feel safe and a sense of belonging. Thomas Middlecott is a family- we want students to feel loved by an academy that knows that they can achieve great things and will accept nothing less than their best efforts to get there.
Our academy is named after Sir Thomas Middlecott, who founded the first Free Grammar School in Kirton in 1624, and there has been a school serving our local community ever since.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thomas Middlecott Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 572 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thomas Middlecott Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Thomas Middlecott Academy is situated in Kirton, within the Borough of Boston, Lincolnshire. Our academy is named after Sir Thomas Middlecott, who founded the first Free Grammar School in Kirton in 1624, and there has been a school serving our local community ever since. The academy fosters sport as a huge focus but will also benefit from other opportunities as part of the David Ross Education Trust. This includes new IT systems, unrivaled enrichment opportunities and increased academic expectations. We are very lucky to be able to benefit from an outstanding sports and fitness centre which has a multi purpose sports hall, dance studio and fitness suite.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lincolnshire and Lincoln