Teacher of Science
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full -time or part time applications are welcome.
- View all Part timejobs - Full -time or part time applications are welcome.
- Fixed term - One year
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you looking for a Science teaching post in which you can make a genuine difference to young people’s lives? Are you seeking to work in a school that is committed to supporting the professional development of all staff? If the answer is yes, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
IF YOU WOULD NEED TO HAND IN YOUR NOTICE BY 31 MAY OR ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE FIXED TERM CONTRACT, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A CONVERSATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
The Spires College is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Science. We are passionate about the importance of excellent teaching and fervently believe in the power of education to transform lives. If you always aim to inspire and enthuse students through your teaching and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
- be, or have the potential to become, an exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner;
- be committed to working in a close, collaborative team environment within the Science Department;
- be able to use a strong pedagogical understanding to successfully deliver the science curriculum;
- be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life.
The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching. The ability to teach to A Level is desirable but not necessary. We would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers who wish to take advantage of a new challenge.
What the school offers its staff
The College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. We are committed to staff’s professional development and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
- excellent professional development and a wide range of career development opportunities;
- a high level of support for all new staff;
- the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College;
- an exciting, stimulating, friendly place to work
- a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
Further details about the role
For further details about the role and the college, including how to apply, please see the attached brochure.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Spires College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1109 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Spires College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01803 400660
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 bilateral school with a selective stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do. As a School we are committed the professional development of our staff and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners. The College is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and regularly undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
Arranging a visit to The Spires College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Outreach Teacher of Science & Maths
Merrivale Road, Exeter, EX4 1PT
St James School
Summer Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX4 8NN
Earl Richards Road South, Exeter, Devon, EX2 6AP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay