● Attend Subject Meetings.
● Contribute to the planning for departmental improvement and cross curricular links.
● Contribute to the development and regular revision of appropriate schemes of work showing differentiationand assessment in accordance with school guidelines.
● Contribute to the wider life of the school through extra-curricular activities.
● Liaise closely with Community Leaders, Community Assistants and Tutors to monitor student progress andagree interventions to raise achievement.
● Contribute to the clear and effective methods of assessment in line with national and School Policies.
● Use all relevant prior and current performance data to monitor individual student progress in your classes.
● Ensure KS3, KS4 and KS5 attainment targets are met using all appropriate strategies for improvement andstudent support.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
● To ensure the health and safety of all students and to report concerns to the line manager promptly.
- To develop and enhance the teaching and learning of Science at Sackville.
- To raise levels of attainment and progress of all students in Science
- Deliver high quality lessons that meet the needs of all students.
- Ensure subject knowledge is up to date and refreshed as necessary.
- Participate in all internal CPD sessions and attend external CPD as required to develop pedagogy.
- Participate in the appraisal review process following the completion of the ECT induction process.
Sackville is a popular and oversubscribed large, mixed, 11-18 comprehensive with 1700 students on roll.It is an exceptionally friendly and supportive community built on strong relationships which allow every student to thrive. We invest in our staff, enabling them to pass on their knowledge and love of their subject such that our students are given the very best experience and opportunities to succeed. We have acquired a deserved reputation for fighting for every child, to support every student in achieving their full potential and developing a lifelong love of learning.
Our GCSE results are consistently strong with extremely positive progress 8 scores. Our A level progress is at the top end of all local authority providers.
We welcome applications from ECTs. The school has an outstanding induction programme for new staff and bespoke CPD opportunities for career progression.
Teacher of Science
Required September 2024
Full or Part time MPS/UPS plus possible TLR*
(Plus potential recruitment allowance for an outstanding candidate)
Required for September 2024, an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Science to teach classes across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 in our outstanding department.
Science is a large and thriving faculty fully staffed with specialists. We offer Double and Triple AQA Science at Key Stage 4 and OCR Biology, AQA Chemistry, Physics with Astrophysics and with Medical Physics plus the AQA Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Science at Key Stage 5.
Sackville School is a popular and oversubscribed large, mixed, 11-18 comprehensive with 1700 students on roll. We are looking for someone with the skills, enthusiasm, and ambition to join our team and to achieve our ambitious aims for all of our students.
We are an exceptionally friendly and supportive community built on strong relationships which allow every student to thrive. We invest in our staff, enabling them to pass on their knowledge and love of their subject such that our students are given the very best experience and opportunities to succeed. We have acquired a deserved reputation for ‘fighting for every child’. We want all of our students to develop a lifelong love of learning and achieve their full potential.
Our GCSE results are consistently strong with well above average progress 8 scores and our average grade for A level is grade B.
*If you are looking for a new opportunity to complement your science teaching, and are an enthusiastic and experienced form tutor, you may be interested in taking on an additional leadership role within our pastoral team. We have recently introduced a system of 5 Communities (Houses) and have an opening for a Deputy Head of Community. If you would also like to apply for this role please ensure this is clear in your covering letter. Further details can be seen on our website.
We welcome applications from experienced colleagues looking for a new challenge in a large and popular school, as well as ECTs looking for a school that will provide excellent support so that you can really flourish at the start of your career. The school has an outstanding induction programme for new staff and bespoke CPD opportunities for career progression.
Closing Date: Monday 19 February 2024 9am Interview date: Friday 23 February 2024
We reserve the right to shortlist and interview prior to the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
Further details are available on our website https://sackvilleschool.org.uk or from Mrs K Dawson PA to the Headteacher, on 01342 414900. An application form, safer recruitment form and letter of application addressed to the Headteacher, should be sent to the Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
Sackville School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is covered by the Protection of Children Act and any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service. It should be noted that it is a requirement of the Governors of Sackville School that candidates should, whenever possible, name as referees current and former employers (via Heads or Principals where employment at educational institutions is concerned).
This job post has expired.