Teacher of Science
11 days remaining to apply
Earliest start date
1 July 2023
Latest start date
1 September 2023
20 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours
- MS / UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching ?
- Willing to work flexibly in the face of changing demands?
- Inspired by young people achieving their potential?
- Motivated by the prospect of building on our recent exam successes?
What the school offers its staff
As well as an offer a July start date and £1000 joining bonus for Early Career Teachers (ECT), The Park Academies Trust has joined forces with a number of excellent service providers to give you that little bit extra, that little pat on the back.
- Doctor Care Anywhere
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Let’s Connect – Salary sacrifice Technology
- Love Electric – Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- My Gym Discounts
Further details about the role
The postholder will be required to exercise his/her professional skills and judgement to carry out, in a collaborative manner, the professional duties set out below:
- Maintain an accurate register of pupil attendance for every class facing session
- To be punctual for all classes and meetings that make up directed time
- To arrive at the school site by 8.30am and to remain on site to fulfil directed time requirements
- Adhere to the staff dress code as detailed in the Safeguarding Procedures
- Adhere to the published deadlines for the completion and recording of assessments, tracking and report writing
- Adhere to the Marking and Assessment Policy
- Carry out break time duties according to the rota agreed at the start of each academic year.
- To have read the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and follow the procedures within
- To wear the staff identification badge provided at all times and challenge any person or visitor who is not wearing one
- To challenge inappropriate behaviour by pupils, both in and out of the classroom
- To follow the agreed Absence Procedures, including the setting of cover work for classes.
Additional duties as a Form Tutor
- to be responsible for the day to day pastoral care of all pupils in the form and delivery of the PSHE/Citizenship programme
- to supervise the discipline and welfare of form group pupils – providing individual guidance or support where appropriate, and referring continuing problems to the relevant Head of Year.
- For full details please see job description.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 97.1 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Abbey Park School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1125 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Abbey Park School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Abbey Park School Abbey Park School is a successful and popular school providing education for 1200 students in the North of Swindon. Having been judged as ‘Good’ in all categories in January 2023 the school continues to build on a culture of high expectation and success for all students. At the centre of everything we do is ‘Abbey Park Proud’, to ensure that students learn, achieve and turn their ‘Potential into Performance.’ Successful candidates will be forward thinking and capable of inspiring students through their passion for teaching. We encourage all staff to be committed to their professional development, supported through our programme of professional learning that supports everyone to develop their practice and leadership skills. Our facilities are excellent and we learn in a clean, modern and stimulating environment. Our sports facilities are second to none in the area, we have extensive ICT provision and our buildings and grounds are maintained to a high level. This safe and stimulating environment enables young people to enjoy their school experience and make the most of their unique talents. Located near the natural beauty of the Wiltshire Downs and the Cotswolds, we are also within easy reach of the university towns of Bath, Bristol and Oxford and just under an hour by train from London. Our ideal location means that our students benefit from a wide range of curriculum-enhancing opportunities. The Park Academies Trust was formed in 2016 with the vision to make a significant contribution to improving education in Swindon and surrounds. A family of five schools; Abbey Park School, Lydiard Park Academy, Orchid Vale Primary School, Red Oaks Primary School and Bridlewood Primary School; the Trust offers a high quality all through educational provision from nursery right up to our Sixth Form based at Lydiard Park Academy, enabling staff and pupils alike to benefit from being part of a thriving multi-phase educational Trust. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment, where you can tour the school, talk to pupils and staff about life at Abbey Park School.
Arranging a visit to Abbey Park School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Science Teacher (with the possibility of Head of Year role)
John Mason School
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1JB
Cheltenham Road, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4PL
Faringdon Community College
Fernham Road, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 7LB
Wood Green School
Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon