- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
32.5 hours a week, term-time only
- Contract type
The John Wallis Academy are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated Teacher of Science.
We are looking to appoint a Teacher with the drive and ambition to share our passionate belief that every child and young person should have the opportunity to realise their full potential; to be encouraged to raise their aspirations; and to have the opportunity to learn in an environment that is safe, inspired and guided by the key Christian values of respect, truth, trust, integrity and love. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons is essential.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
• To plan, develop and deliver high quality lessons using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
• To monitor student progress, keeping student records that include assessment outcomes and targets set at regular intervals in line with Academy policy, to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
• To maintain and build upon the standards achieved in the award for QTS (Secondary) as set out by the Secretary of State.
• Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people with regard to the Every Child Matters agenda and Area Child Protection Procedures.
• Undertake any other duties, which from time to time may be required and be relevant and commensurate with the role, as deemed necessary by the Principal.
• Every subject teacher will be expected to have pastoral responsibilities.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1621 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
About The John Wallis Church of England Academy
The John Wallis Church of England Academy is a 2-19 Academy in Ashford.
The Academy provides an outstanding learning environment that ensures a wealth of opportunities for students to achieve their full potential, with a curriculum that engenders a love of learning; high attainment, helping students to become qualified, skilled and adaptable; a personalised learning approach, offering outstanding tutorial support; high expectations of all its students, irrespective of their ability or needs; a strong ethos of security, care and warmth for one another, increasing students self esteem and confidence; providing stepping stones to and from the community it serves.