Teacher of Science
Cardinal Newman Catholic School, Hove, East Sussex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406 per year (full-time equivalent)|
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and suitably qualified teacher of Science to teach in our highly successful school. You will be passionate about Science, an innovative classroom practitioner with high expectations and have the ability to inspire students to be the best they can be.
Cardinal Newman is a community where every individual is valued and expected to excel. The school is based on the south coast in the exciting and vibrant City of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex. We have a capacity of 2300 students, including 450 students in our state of the art Sixth Form building. In return the school can offer a strong and supportive community of colleagues, students and parents, and a culture of providing regular support for personal and professional development.
Essential educational requirements
Successful teaching experience at either school(s) or on main teaching practice
• Degree qualification
• PGCE or equivalent
• Qualified teacher status (from start of contract)
Essential skills and experience
• Be able to demonstrate excellent practice within relevant Key Stage(s) – meeting all publishes teaching standards.
• Own a clearly developed set of strategies for successful classroom management
• Have developed their own clearly developed set of principles that show a current understanding of teaching and learning
• An ambitious subject specialist who is keen to participate in their own professional development as well as that of the department
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||2302 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cardinal Newman Catholic School website (opens in a new window)|
The Upper Drive, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 6ND