Teacher of Science
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 9am
3 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A strong, ambitious, and intelligent team player who is passionate about their subject and in supporting young people to enjoy and succeed through the study of Science.
- An innovative, resilient, creative and motivated professional with an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education.
- A well-informed subject expert who is up to date with the latest research developments in their subject with an excellent understanding of curriculum design and effective pedagogical approaches.
- A respected teacher who sets the highest of standards for student behaviour and focus.
- An organised, reliable colleague who is committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve.
What the school offers its staff
- Excellent and positive student engagement in lessons supported by strong pastoral system
- An exceptional CPD programme which is research led, valuable and bespoke
- A growing school with incredible opportunities to develop, be promoted and take on further responsibility
- Allocated 16.7% for PPA per week for main scale teachers, giving more time for planning, preparation and assessment.
- Additional time is allocated for staff with a responsibility.
- A sensible approach to feedback based on a diet of whole class feedback, peer and self-assessment. No more marking for the sake of it.
- No implementation of gimmick teaching ideas, only evidence-based research that drives improvement and further innovation is adopted.
- A Staff Wellbeing group that regularly reviews our approach to workload and operates a wellbeing policy.
- All staff have access to counselling, mental health support, physio and virtual GPs.
- A highly experienced, visible, and supportive Senior and Middle Leadership Team
- A sensible approach to everything that we do, taking staff workload into consideration.
Further details about the role
This post expects the successful candidate to safeguard the welfare of CYP and uphold your professional responsibility.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK-either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cockburn John Charles Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1147 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cockburn John Charles Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Cockburn John Charles Academy is a member of the Cockburn Multi-academy Trust whose focus is on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Teaching and Learning drives an ambitious curriculum that seeks to stretch and challenge all students through academic rigour. A strong care, support and guidance structure supports learning throughout the school. Through dedication and hard work our students will have a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. We widen the aspirations of all students, to help them to reach destinations that are ambitious and fulfilling. We value the arts, both as part of the curriculum and as part of the school’s extensive enrichment and extra-curricular programme. We promote respect and good manners; these are fundamental to our school based on our shared Values and Expectations. We recognise the importance of each individual and the school’s place in the local community. We aim to promote lifelong learning by developing creative, independent and reflective learners. We believe in the equality of opportunity and in celebrating success for all. Arranging visit Contact 0113 4872800 location Old Run Road, Leeds, LS10 2JU. If candidates wish please contact us or email email@example.com
Arranging a visit to Cockburn John Charles Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Farnley Academy
Chapel Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 5EU
Boston Spa Academy
Clifford Moor Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS23 6RW
The Ruth Gorse Academy
Black Bull Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1HW
Teacher of Physics (maternity cover)
Ilkley Grammar School
Cowpasture Road, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, LS29 8TR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire