Teacher of Science job summaryThe Roseland Multi-Academy Trust currently consists of three secondary and two primary schools. The Trust’s mission is “to provide outstanding education for our communities, where everyone succeeds” and we put our staff at the heart of everything we do to create a team spirit in our highly successful schools.
Are you passionate about making a difference to children and young people? Would you like to join a team of dedicated professionals who share the goal to make Falmouth School a fantastic place to learn and grow? Then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced classroom practitioner who has a love of science that is infectious. We are looking for applications for any science specialism, however, Physics is desirable and the successful candidate will teach across Key stage 3, 4 and 5. We want all our young people to participate fully, with confidence and enjoyment so that they have a lifelong passion for science and an understanding of where this may take them in the future.
If you would like to join our school and work within a dedicated departmental team, we invite you to look at our website where you can find out more about the school’s ethos and culture. You will join a cohesive team of scientists who work closely together to make sure that students attain their best in all subjects on offer.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A good degree
• The ability to motivate, challenge and inspire students
• The experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development
• High expectations of self
• To complement the vision and values of the school and Trust
What you’ll get in return:
• Hard-working and ambitious students
• A genuine family atmosphere
• A school where every student is known and valued
• Friendly staff with high expectations and standards
• Supportive atmosphere for everyone, both staff and students
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for our young people and for themselves
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches
You will be required to:
• Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
• Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
• Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
• Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals
• Develop extra-curricular opportunities for students to explore and enjoy the subject
• This role will be based at Falmouth School but you may be required to work at any other premises occupied by the Trust or any of the employer’s academies within mid-Cornwall as directed by the employer.
If our ethos appeals to you and you can inspire our students and fellow colleagues, we look forward to receiving your application. Our Ofsted inspection in 2019 does not reflect our current school or our rapid improvement journey. Our school has an inclusive environment where everyone feels able to participate and achieve their potential. We believe we can offer you a unique opportunity to be a key member of staff in a forward-looking, ever-improving school with a happy and supportive working environment.
Applying for the job
Please note a completed application form needs to be submitted (CVs are not an accepted form of application). If you have any questions regarding this role please email Miss Atkinson, Teaching Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 253 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Falmouth School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 987 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Falmouth School is a friendly, inclusive and highly successful school of 980 students including a growing Sixth Form. The primary responsibility of all staff at Falmouth School is to ensure that each student enjoys their learning as they make rapid and sustained progress. The successful candidate will have the personal tenacity to ensure that every student succeeds in their learning and that whole school policies are fully implemented and modelled. You must be flexible, imaginative, ambitious and a skilled professional, who is committed to raising the achievement of every student in the classroom. The successful candidate will be able to maintain and develop the systems and processes which will support students in their learning journey.