|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
We are seeking to employ a well-qualified, energetic and enthusiastic teacher of Science to commence in January 2020. The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be able to motivate students through inspirational teaching. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented teacher to join a thriving school. We have an extremely supportive CPD programme for all staff.
Halewood Academy is a successful 11 - 16 school and is part of the Wade Deacon Trust. It was judged to be a good school in May 2017 by Ofsted. The successful candidate will be pivotal in our journey to outstanding.
The Wade Deacon Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Mr Worrall, Senior Leader of Science on 0151 477 8830.
An application form and pack can be found at http://www.wadedeacontrust.com/vacancies.html. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com or to Mr S Simmons, Senior Administration Leader at Halewood Academy, The Avenue, Wood Road, Liverpool L26 1UU.
Closing date: 3pm, 27th September 2019
Interviews to be held week beginning 7th October 2019
Essential educational requirements
• To hold a degree or equivalent qualification.
• To be a qualified teacher.
• To have knowledge of developments with regard to the National Curriculum and other Government initiatives.
• To understand the process of learning.
• To understand curriculum continuity and progression.
To have knowledge of issues in the area of special needs.
Essential skills and experience
• the ability to relate to and motivate staff, parents and students;
• the ability to listen to and understand others;
constant and consistent expectations of high standards.
• high motivation and professional commitment;
• a commitment to student-centred education;
• a commitment to involving parents as partners in the education process;
• a commitment to and understanding of equality of opportunity
Teacher of Science
Permanent - Full Time
MPS1 - UPS3
To start: 1st January 2020
|School size||1030 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Halewood Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Halewood Academy
The Avenue, Knowsley, Merseyside, L26 1UU