Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
M1 to UPS3
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching
• To ensure a high quality learning experience for students that meets internal and external quality standards
• To use a variety of delivery methods, including new technologies, that will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus
• To collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues to ensure that students’ needs are understood and met to the best of our ability
• To contribute to intervention and support activities
• To teach students according to their educational needs including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students in school and elsewhere
• To assess student work and give written / verbal and diagnostic feedback in line with school and faculty policy
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
• To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students
• To actively develop Basic Skills for all students through subject and tutor teaching
• To support and implement the whole school behaviour for learning and attitude to learning systems and ensure that the learning environment facilitates effective learning taking place
• To ensure that students understand how to keep themselves safe, including online
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1003 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Levenshulme High School
We are located in South Manchester at the heart of a vibrant, multi-cultural community, which is languages-rich and highly aspirational. There are 1000 young people here, who are committed to both their academic progress and their personal development. We have a rich and full curriculum, which meets the needs and interests of students of all abilities as well as building a strong sense of identity and personal values. Our vertical house and tutor group system underpins our strong sense of community and family, through which our Co-operative and human values weave. Student leadership is a driving force in the school, and around half of our students take on at least one leadership responsibility each year – often more.
Arranging a visit to Levenshulme High School
If you would like to visit the school, please contact Mrs Sarah Mulvihill, HR Manager on 0161 224 4625.
Teacher of Science
Mossley Hollins High School
Huddersfield Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, OL5 9DP