||Suitable for NQTs
||Biology, Chemistry, Physics
||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,371 to £40,489
Ossett Academy & Accord Sixth Form are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspiring Teacher of Science. The Science department at the Academy is a thriving team of professionals who are passionate about inspiring a love of all things science and believe they can challenge students to raise achievement at all levels in Science.
We are looking for a professional who can teach in one or more science subject specialism i.e. Biology, Chemistry or Physics. The ability or desire to teach at A Level would also be encouraged.
The Science department are supported by an excellent team of technicians with an abundance of resources and equipment to aid lessons and learning. The department value challenge and active participation. The successful applicant will relentlessly pursue instilling an interest in their subject amongst all pupils, they will be innovative, with demonstrable resilience, vision and energy.
Applications are welcomed from teachers across the experience range: we offer an extensive programme of academy and Trust CPD, to help you grow and develop as an excellent practitioner - whether NQT or more experienced. If you have the vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached we’d love to hear from you.
Ossett Academy is part of the Accord Multi Academy Trust which is a Wakefield based Trust; all four academies in the Trust are closely located to one another which lends itself to many opportunities to work closely and collaboratively. All academies are within a three mile radius of one another and can be found a short drive off junction 40 of the M1.
Talk to our staff or pupils and you will find out how proud we are of our unique academy, its supportive atmosphere and strong team ethos. We’re more than happy to show prospective applicants around, and encourage interested candidates to visit and see what makes us great! Contact the HR team on 01924 668930 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make the arrangements or would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
For more details, or if you’re ready to apply, visit our website at https://www.ossettacademy.co.uk/recruitment/ where you will find the application form available to download.
Please return completed application forms to the Accord HR Department at email@example.com or to Accord HR Department, Storrs Hill Road, Ossett, WF5 0DG.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 19 January 2020.
Ossett Academy and Accord Sixth Form is committed equal opportunities and to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Essential educational requirements
- Degree in relevant subject
- QTS qualification
Essential skills and experience
- Up to date knowledge of specialist subject and curriculum
- Proven success of effective teaching and learning in specialist subject area
- Excellent communication skills
- An opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across academies and within the central Trust teams, with other academies and Multi Academy Trust’s on a local or regional basis
More on how to apply
- Opportunities to lead on developments as a stepping stone to further career opportunities.
- A specific career stage pathway of professional development with a commitment to support engagement in nationally recognised professional qualifications (NPQ’s).
- All employees have access to discounted rates for self and family members for a range of local and national companies and services, reviewed annually.
- All employees have access to the Fitness Suite free of charge.