Teacher of Science
29 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- M1 - UPS3 £28,000- £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Teacher of Science to join our dynamic department.The department has made huge strides,whereby we achieved our highest ever biology, chemistry and physics results in 2021-22 and showed a continued improvement in attainment in combined science, leading to 69% of all science qualifications achieving grade 4 or above.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Science. You will have good subject knowledge, a passion for Science, and want students to love Science as much as we do.As a member of the Outwood Family you will share our vision of “Students First”.
A Recruitment and Retention Allowance will be available for exceptional candidates.
OGAT are proud to be a part of the National Institute of Teaching (NIoT) hosting its North and East campus as Outwood Academy Redcar and Outwood Academy Adwick. The NIoT identifies best practice in education, in order to develop cutting-edge, evidence-based teacher training and professional development programmes. OGAT colleagues will benefit from the work of the institute, which draws on the expertise of some of the most outstanding school leaders in education today. For our ECT colleagues a full and detailed programme of support and development, including science subject specialism support will be provided.
Positions within this school are eligible for government assistance through Early-career payments for teachers.You can access information about thishere.
To view the full job description please clickhere.
To view the person specification, which you should use when completing your application, please clickhere.
If you would like a conversation about the position please contactLeanne Jennison, Associate Director of Science, via email firstname.lastname@example.org will be happy to assist.
What the school offers its staff
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS - WHAT DO WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER?
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Outwood Academy Hemsworth
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1065 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Outwood Academy Hemsworth website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Hemsworth
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Ralph Thoresby School
Holtdale Approach, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 7RX
The Farnley Academy
Chapel Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 5EU
Boston Spa Academy
Clifford Moor Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS23 6RW
The Ruth Gorse Academy
Black Bull Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1HW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Yorkshire