Teacher of Science + Pastoral Role available (Director of Learning)
Larkmead School, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Contract: Permanent Full-time + Pastoral Role available (Director of Learning)
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Responsible to: Head of Science
Larkmead School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and inspiring classroom practitioner from September 2020. This is an excellent opportunity for an inspirational, enthusiastic and well qualified teacher to join our thriving Science department. The position is suitable for NQT’s and experienced teachers.
In addition, we are advertising for a Director of Learning and this post may suit applicants who could teach Science. If you are a teacher of Science interested in a senior middle leadership role and wish to be considered for the Director of Leaning vacancy, please state this on your application. By the same token if you are excited about the Science post but not interested in the Director of Learning post, we are also very interested in you. Further details of the main scale Science Teacher and Director of Learning vacancies can be found on our website.
As the successful candidate you will be:
• a qualified Science Teacher who is always looking to develop;
• confident teaching across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
• passionate about all aspects of Science;
• committed to making a difference to young people’s lives;
• a team player with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• an excellent programme of induction and training which seeks to provide an excellent foundation for career progression;
• a forward thinking environment which recognises the benefits of considering flexible working patterns.
• a friendly, caring, supportive and collaborative team environment.
• a professional environment dedicated to Teaching and Learning with a supportive, dedicated and hardworking staff.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 20th April 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 27th April 2020
Start date: September 2020
If you would like to apply for this position, please download the Vale Academy Trust Teaching Staff Application Form from our website http://www.larkmead-school.com/vacancies/
Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by the closing date of 9.00am Monday 20th April 2020.
Larkmead School is a member of the Vale Academy Trust. The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff will be expected to promote fundamental British values.
|School size||764 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Larkmead School website (opens in a new window)|
Faringdon Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1RF