Teacher of Science
Required from September 2020, or as soon as possible dependent on candidate’s current situation.
Apply by 12.00 noon on Wednesday 5th February 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 6th February 2020
Successful candidates from shortlisting will be notified on Friday 7th February 2020
MPR/UPR – please note, this may be negotiable dependent on experience and current level of responsibility and whether these fit with the strategic aims of the department here at Priory.
Please feel free to contact us in the first instance to discuss your individual needs.
Applications for a Science post are invited from committed, creative and inspiring classroom practitioners with specialisms in Chemistry, Physics or Biology.
The post is appropriate for NQT’s, right through to more established members of staff and those who may currently hold positions of responsibly in their own schools at whatever pay grade.
Opportunities within the department may be available, dependent on experience and current level of responsibility and whether these fit with the strategic aims of the department here at Priory and can be discussed as part of the interview process. Please feel free to contact us in the first instance should you wish to discuss your individual needs.
Penwortham Priory Academy is a vibrant and ambitious school with a culture of high expectations. We are now looking for a dynamic Teacher of Science with a ‘can do’ attitude to join this core faculty. If you consistently deliver excellent lessons and enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential then our Science department is the place for you. Penwortham Priory Academy has a relentless focus upon providing outstanding learning experiences and raising achievement and as such...
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a committed teacher, who is positive and willing to evolve. (NQTs also considered)
• Exude a passion for the subject which is evident in their day to day practice in the classroom and beyond.
• Have achieved high rates of progress and attainment in their current position.
• Inspire, motivate and support the individual needs and progress of all students.
• Be prepared for the demands of and changes to the curriculum.
• Be a lifelong learner and a reflective practitioner.
• Work collaboratively with other staff, both within Priory and across other secondary and primary schools, as an active member of our Preston’s Teaching School’s Alliance and our ‘Family of Schools’.
• Contribute to the extracurricular life of the school.
• Be committed to Penwortham Priory Academy’s ethos of high expectations and challenge.
We will offer you:
• An exciting opportunity in a friendly, supportive, forward thinking school.
• A tailored induction programme provided by our Professional Mentor
• Professional development to support your personal ambitions within teaching
• The opportunity to teach in a school where staff and student relationships are second to none.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact the school for a tour prior to the final application.
Completed application forms should be submitted preferably via TES, or to Mrs S Spencer, PA to Headteacher, at email@example.com to arrive by 12.00 noon on Wednesday 5th February 2020. The selection process will take place on Thursday 6th February 2020. Unfortunately, we are not able to contact applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview and if you have not heard from us by close of day on Friday 7th February 2020 please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Interviews are planned to take place week commencing Monday 10th February 2020.
**Please see full job advert and all supporting documentation before applying**
Essential educational requirements
Degree in appropriate Science subject
Qualified Teacher Status (or working towards)
Evidence of regular and recent professional development
Essential skills and experience
Innovative and engaging classroom practitioner
Ability to teach across the age and ability range, including Advanced level
Knowledge of different teaching strategies and ability to apply these appropriately
High rates of progress and attainment achieved in current school
Experience of the use of ICT and computer technology in curriculum delivery
An effective communicator, with a high degree of emotional intelligence
Innovative, creative and forward thinking
Excellent organisation and time management skills
Please see full job advert plus supporting documentation.
About Penwortham Priory Academy
- Crow Hills Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 0JE
- Penwortham Priory Academy website (opens in a new window)