Teacher of Science
2 days remaining to apply
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
16 May 2023
- View all Sciencejobs
Full-time equivalent salary
- Competitive Teacher's Pay Range, United Learning Trust’s Pay Policy applies
Teacher of Science job summary
Sheffield Springs Academy is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to join their established team. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Springs Academy is an 11-16 secondary school serving the Park, Manor and Castle wards of Sheffield. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
Our mission is to provide a world class education, so students have the choice to attend a top university or a real alternative. Our mission is underpinned by our shared values of ambition, determination and respect which drive our thinking and behaviours. Our most recent Ofsted inspection judged the academy ‘Good’. High expectations of behaviour and learning are established resulting in a calm and purposeful environment.
This role is suitable for both experienced teachers and ECT’s with a September 2023 start date.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff and students.
- Training and development opportunities, access to an extensive range of in-house leadership programmes.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of schools and as part of a large Multi Academy Trust.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible benefits through Perkbox.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
In return, we are looking for:
- Shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all our young people receive the best education in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Is passionate about teaching Science and will inspire our students in the subject.
- Is a skilled and inspirational classroom practitioner who models effective pedagogical practice.
- Has a proven track record of raising standards within teaching and learning.
- Has personal qualities to motivate, support and challenge others.
- Is committed to improving the life chances of our students and support them to become well rounded citizens.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please click “Apply Now” at the top of this page to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this post is midnight Sunday 04 June 2023. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact email@example.com
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About Sheffield Springs Academy
- School type
- Academy, Christian, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 943 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Sheffield Springs Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Dronfield Road, Sheffield, Derbyshire, S21 4GN
Heanor Gate Spencer Academy
Kirkley Drive, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7RA
Ralph Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3PU
Carter Knowle Road, Sheffield, S7 2DY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Sheffield