Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is an exciting
school. Our vision of delivering exceptional learning experiences that enable
young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and
fulfilling lives permeates everything we do. Alongside the highest standards, a
golden thread of care, encouragement and enrichment opportunity runs through
the school. Our young people are invested, they are unique, resilient and they
take responsibility for their own actions. These simple values enable them to
fulfil every aspect of their potential. We invite you to visit the school so
that you can see for yourself how amazing our school community is and gain a
clear picture of our journey and the bright future of Sir Thomas Wharton
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of
Science to add to our fully staffed department due to increasing numbers, who
will support the department to continue to achieve excellent outcomes for our
students. We are looking for someone who will possess the key knowledge,
attributes and skills to deliver engaging and informative lessons that motivate
and enthuse the students at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy to invest in their
A visit to the Academy, so you can meet the
Principal and key Middle and Senior Leaders is welcomed, to enable you to
discuss the post in more detail.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a driven, proactive, and positive individual
with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving their own standards of
teaching and learning.
- fully 'buy in' to using IRIS and regular drop-in
feedback as a mechanism to improving their day-to-day performance as a teacher.
- have the ability and desire to deliver exceptional
teaching and learning.
- be a dynamic practitioner with a relentless desire
to drive up educational standards and deliver exceptional outcomes for all
cohorts of pupils.
- have excellent subject knowledge and be able to
teach science effectively across the age and ability ranges.
- have a track record of delivering clear impact with
their own classes.
- be a team player and work closely with other
leaders and professionals to develop and implement effective strategies and
processes of departmental improvement.
- have a true growth mindset, exceptional work ethic
and a sense of humour.
- be committed to the Sir Thomas Wharton Academy
- have the knowledge and experience of the context in
which Sir Thomas Wharton Academy operates.
For further information please contact: Mrs Nichola
Winder, PA to the Principal at email@example.com
‘Application Form’, 'Role Description' and 'Person Specification' can be
accessed from this link: Maltby Learning Trust - careers
In return we offer:
- modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which
inspire exceptional teaching and learning.
- excellent career development opportunities and
access to a comprehensive and continuous programme of personalised
‘Professional Learning and Development’ (PLD).
- an excellent induction programme with dynamic,
driven, and supportive staff.
- an opportunity to shape strategy within an already
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you
will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an
enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at
This job post has expired.