Teacher of Sixth Form
Clare Mount Specialist Sports College, Wirral, Merseyside, CH46 9PA
Deadline is tomorrow
Expected start date
1 September 2022
20 May 2022 at 12:00pm
10 May 2022
About Clare Mount Specialist Sports College
- School type
- Special school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 238 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 0151 606 9440
Clare Mount Specialist Sports College has a record of high standards and was again recently judged 'Outstanding’. The school is one of the largest special schools in the UK for students with moderate learning difficulties, speech and learning difficulties and additional needs, including Autism. If you have the ability to excite and inspire young people, have a real passion for enriching the lives of students, then we would like to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving department.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the experience, vision and ability to successfully support the department and have:
• a proven track record of success in raising achievement at all levels
• be able to demonstrate outstanding teaching
• the personal qualities in order to, motivate, support and challenge others
• a good track record of teaching a Sixth Form curriculum and a range of
The role will suit an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or an ambitious teacher who is ready to step up.
Special education is rewarding and has a lifelong positive impact. Teaching in itself is a vocation and a rewarding one at that. However, as a SEN teacher you achieve that and so much more. The sense of teamwork and camaraderie is generally not equalled within mainstream teaching, as you find yourself part of a larger community. Even the smallest signs of progress are worth celebrating as you see a real sense of achievement through your students.
Clare Mount offers you:
• The opportunity to work in a secondary school where teaching and learning and wellbeing always takes priority.
• Clear routes for progression and promotion.
• Opportunities to collaborate and focus on improving on all aspects of our provision.
• As part of the staff team, you will have the opportunity to work with great colleagues and develop your career through an outstanding professional development programme.
• You will be encouraged to be a reflective and open practitioner and be supported by the expertise of experienced colleagues, to develop yourself as an outstanding teacher.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check
Thank you for taking an interest in our school and we look forward to receiving your application.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed