Teacher of Social Sciences and Head of PSHE
7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
30 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Social sciencesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
TLR 2a (£7,364.70 per annum)
What skills and experience we're looking for
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an
inspirational, well qualified and enthusiastic Social Sciences teacher and
experienced or aspiring leader to join our progressive and vibrant team. We offer courses in A Level Law, level 3 criminology, A
level Sociology and level 2 & level 3 Health & Social Care. Applicants
must be able to teach a number of these and the KS4 citizenship national
The successful candidate will also lead and coordinate our PSHE provision, which is delivered by form tutors.
The work of the Head of PSHE should complement the wider curriculum and ensure that young people have a rounded education that equips them to cope with everyday life and their development into adulthood. The curriculum will be developed under the guidance of the Senior Leadership Team.
If appointed, you will ensure positive engagement in PSHE and Relationship and Sex education with students, parents and staff, embedding the school values and attitudes, promoting high standards of achievement and behaviour at all times.
The successful candidate will be inspirational professional with:
- A track record of good and/ or outstanding teaching, and improving others
- A track record of good attainment and progress in KS3, KS4 and/ or KS5 students
- An eagerness to learn and develop, with a willingness to take responsibility for curriculum intent
- A vision and passion for growth and development of colleagues at all levels
- The skills to effectively lead and manage a team
- A relentless commitment to outstanding support for youngsters.
- A driving ambition to make a difference to every child at Swanshurst
What the school offers its staff
Swanshurst is an ‘Outstanding School’ for girls with over 1800 students on roll aged 11-19 years. We offer excellent support and CPD for staff at all stages of their career.
Ofsted (2017) found pupils at Swanshurst to be “happy, well cared for and that they secure excellent academic and personal outcomes” they described the girls as “polite, respectful and courteous”. Needless to say, we are incredibly proud of them and of all our staff who contribute to the “purposeful learning culture within the school that characterises the work of staff and pupils”.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 349 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Swanshurst School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1836 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Swanshurst School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 464 2400
Arranging a visit to Swanshurst School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Aldridge Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B44 8NU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands