Teacher of Spanish 0.6 or 0.5 FTE
1. Teach Spanish across the age and ability range in such a way as to challenge and inspire all students, with clear objectives, delivered in line with department schemes of work and school policies.
2. Plan and deliver lessons to students according to their educational needs and with reference to prior attainment, SEN and EAL as required, striving to ensure equal opportunities for all and no gaps in achievement between particular groups.
3. Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students in line with school policies, ensuring that marking and assessment are of consistently high quality.
Essential educational requirements
An appropriate, good honours degree (2:2 or higher)
QTS or equivalent
Evidence of further professional study
Essential skills and experience
Recent and relevant teaching of good lessons at Key Stages 3 and 4
A track record of excellent student progress demonstrated by examination outcomes
Wide knowledge and understanding of Spanish within the curriculum context and wider world.
Knowledge of current educational issues, an awareness of recent developments in the National Curriculum and changes in the Key Stage 4 curriculum
Ability to use data effectively to support student progress
Know and use a range of teaching and learning styles
Show an awareness of what constitutes outstanding pedagogy and practice
Understand changes to exams and whole school accountability measures
About St James School
St James is a thriving, diverse and proud community. As an inclusive and committed team we are positively and diligently raising standards. Our aim is for students to achieve excellent outcomes, move onto exciting post-16 activities and most importantly to gain a range of skills and experiences which enable them to be happy and successful in the future. We are an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school of 900 students situated in the East of Exeter on a relatively new, purpose-built site which offers excellent facilities for all our departments. We are a school with very high expectations of, and for, our students; only their best is good enough. We provide students with opportunities to shine through excellent teaching and innovative practice, a vibrant extra-curricular provision and a curriculum that challenges and inspires from the start of year 7 and is increasingly personalised as students move up through the school. We are one of the highest performing schools in the area, and regularly over-subscribed, because we believe that students achieve excellent outcomes as a result of five years at a school where they are happy and engaged at all times; where they are challenged from day one and are consistently supported to be the best they can be. Ofsted judged us to be a strong Good in our recent inspection in January 2018, but clearly acknowledged that we were on a clear trajectory to achieve Outstanding in the near future.
- Summer Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX4 8NN
- St James School website (opens in a new window)