Teacher of Theology & Philosophy
This job expired on 4 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
18 November 2022
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS - UPS Outer London Pay
What skills and experience we're looking for
We wish to appoint a full-time teacher of Theology and Philosophy, suit to work across KS3, KS4 and KS5. The role is available from September 2023 and trainee teachers will be considered. A TLR may also be possible for the right candidate.
- Students follow the Edexcel Religious Education syllabus at GCSE and at A Level.
- All classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards.
- The Theology and Philosophy Department achieves outstanding results at all key stages.
- There is an opportunity to teach KS5 if the successful applicant has experience.
What the school offers its staff
- All Staff receive minimum of 20% PPA, well above the national average
- All Staff given a laptop
- All Staff access to Schools Advisory Service wellbeing services, including physiotherapy and yearly health screening
- Supportive SLT
- Comprehensive CPD Programme including access to national professional qualifications
- Outstanding Student behaviour
- Supportive to Staff wellbeing and managing workload
- Caring and affirming culture and ethos
- Opportunities for career development and progression
Further details about the role
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to mentoring and supporting your pathway into teaching.
Commitment to safeguarding
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children. Further details of this can be found on our website https://www.tchs.org.uk/about-us/safeguarding/
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and a satisfactory enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring service (DBS). Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right to call applicants to interview prior to the closing date
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Trinity Catholic High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1628 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Trinity Catholic High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Trinity Catholic High School is large Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood. Ofsted have ranked us as ‘outstanding’ on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in our school and the wider community. Our school’s inspection reports can be viewed on this link: www.tchs.org.uk/about-us/inspections. The highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life at Trinity and these significantly and positively impact student progress and attainment. Trinity’s Section 48 report (January 2020) states that “Trinity Catholic High School is an outstanding school and a beacon of high-quality Catholic education. It has an excellent reputation in the local community and beyond and it is rightly seen as a flagship school for the Diocese of Brentwood”. The report also emphasises that “Catholic life at Trinity Catholic High School is outstanding and is of the highest quality” and “Every aspect of Collective Worship at the school is outstanding".
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of RE, Humanities and Citizenship
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Thames Park Secondary School
Chadwell Road, Grays, RM17 5FP
St Ursula's Convent School
Crooms Hill, London, SE10 8HN
Langley Park School for Girls
Hawksbrook Lane, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3BE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock