13 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2024
11 March 2024 at 11:59pm
12 February 2024
About Smithdon High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 612 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Smithdon High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
At Smithdon High School we share a simple vision. Every child is supported to make progress in every single lesson, every single day.
These are exciting times to join our school. Under our current Headteacher since September 2022, we are building to become a truly great school – with our best GCSE results ever in the summer of 2023 and achieving a “Good” Ofsted (“good” in all areas) in November 2023. Our staff work as a team and support each other, while receiving fantastic professional development opportunities. They are encouraged to be the best they can be.
Our school serves the coastal town of Hunstanton and the surrounding area with a clear focus on knowing the strengths and needs of every student. We believe every child deserves a warm welcome to every learning opportunity and a personalised learning experience; challenge and support leading to exceptional progress. We are also at the centre of the community in Hunstanton and West Norfolk. We will always embrace opportunities to strengthen existing and explore new relationships within our community.
Our buildings are both innovative and modern as well as of historic significance and we aim to create the best facilities for our students to learn and achieve - coupled with an innovative and creative curriculum alongside outstanding specialist staff.
Everything we do reflects both our core values to "Work Hard, Be Kind and Smile" and our "Smithdon Seven" expectations.
1. We believe in ourselves and are proud of our achievements
2. We aim high and accept challenge to achieve our ambitions
3. We take responsibility for our choices, our actions and our environment
4. We work together to support our community
5. We are present, we are equipped to learn, we work hard and we always give our best
6. We are respectful and we listen to others
7. We take pride in the presentation of ourselves and our work
At Smithdon High School we welcome applicants who want to make a positive difference to the lives of our students and can help them to aspire to great futures.
We are part of the West Norfolk Academies Trust whose aim is to challenge and support a small group of schools to provide an excellent education for the young people of West Norfolk.
The Trust works in a supportive partnership with Primary and Secondary schools with each school maintaining their unique identity and ethos.
The schools work together to ensure maximum benefit for all students through economies of scale and shared resources.
The Trust’s clear strategic vision for the future is based around four key areas:
• Maximising student achievement
• Ensuring each student is engaged with the school
• Ensuring our students have access to world class resources
• Delivering outstanding teaching and learning
Arranging a visit to Smithdon High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Norfolk