Teacher SENDCo - Maternity Cover
We are looking for a skilled SENDCo who:
- is an excellent classroom practitioner, able to demonstrate high levels of effectiveness in the classroom.
- has strong organisational, leadership and communication skills, and is able to offer advice, support and motivation to children, staff, parents and the wider community.
- will lead and manage the school’s provision of SEND.
- can demonstrate their ability to deliver the best possible outcomes for all learners.
- can demonstrate their evidence of successful multi agency working.
- will preferably already hold or be working towards the National Professional SENDCo Qualification.
Essential educational requirements
• Able to inspire and motivate and children and staff
• Able to form positive professional relationships with all stakeholders
• A skilful communicator, able to manage tricky situations to achieve the best outcomes.
• Able to use own excellent practice to improve others’ inclusive teaching.
• Able to use monitoring to lead improvement in provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
• Commitment to seeking out and sharing the best methods to help the individual.
• Commitment to removing any barriers which might lead to underachievement.
• Ability to set appropriate learning targets and to support staff in developing teaching strategies to enable these to be met by the child.
• Efficient and organised.
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination
• Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our children
• Commitment to equal opportunities, inclusion, diversity and access for all.
• Aware of Health & Safety issues in a primary school.
Essential skills and experience
• Knowledge of standards expected in each year group.
• Knowledge of the effectiveness of different intervention strategies that will meet individual needs
• Able to use different strategies to maintain good behaviour across the school.
• Evidence of leading whole school improvement.
• Ability to interpret and act on data.
• At least 5 years of good/outstanding teaching in a primary school.
• Experience of working with staff in a medium or large primary school.
• Experience of safeguarding procedures
• Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice.
About Woodwater Academy
- Woodwater Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5AW
- Woodwater Academy website (opens in a new window)