Teacher, SEN specialist
MPR / UPR + SEN Allowance
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated class teacher.
Required from September 2021.
The age range is 2 ½ to 19 years and you may be required to work with pupils of any age and ability.
• have high levels of professionalism and uphold the values of the school at all times
• conduct yourself in accordance with the Teachers’ Standards
• put the needs and wellbeing of the pupils at the forefront of everything you do
• have a truly positive attitude
• be structured and methodical in your approach
• have outstanding organisation skills
• understand the importance of meeting deadlines
• be tactful, conscientious and discreet when dealing with challenging situations
• be flexible, adaptable and able to multitask
• demonstrate a commitment to maintaining outstanding levels of safeguarding
• have patience and the ability to stay calm and positive in challenging situations
• be driven and have a commitment to continuous personal development and school improvement
• be emotionally and physically resilient
• have skills and experience in teaching pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASD)
• have excellent communication skills, work co-operatively and develop positive relationships with pupils, families and staff at all levels
• have knowledge and have undertaken training in using strategies used to successfully teach pupils with PMLD, SLD and/or Autism
• be confident with leading a team of support assistants
• work with a team to deliver outstanding Teaching and Learning to our pupils
• be confident in the use of IT
• have a good sense of humour
Includes Special Educational Needs (SEN) Allowance
Applying for the job
If you think you have the qualities to fulfil this role and you want to make a real contribution to our school, we would welcome an application from you. Full details, an application pack and how to apply, can also be found on the school website: www.hillsidespecial.org.uk/about_us/vacancies More on how to apply
91 pupils enrolled
3 to 19
About Hillside Special School
Hillside is a very successful school for pupils with a wide range of complex needs including Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASD). The age range is 2 ½ to 19 years. We place the pupils at the heart of everything and are aspirational for pupils’ outcomes.
Hillside has been consistently rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted since 2004.
The staff are friendly and supportive and as a school, we are committed to equality and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role.
Arranging a visit to Hillside Special School
We actively encourage applicants to see our school in action before applying for vacancies.
If this post is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please contact Lizzi Murphy, Headteacher, via email to: email@example.com
Include your full name and ‘Teacher Vacancy’ in the subject line.
Please also include your phone number in the body of your email and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to have an informal chat and arrange a visit.