- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- Fixed term - until 31/08/2024
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A good Honours degree level qualification in related disciplines.
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent.
- Have successful experience of teaching English to students of all abilities in KS3, KS4 to GCSE, and possibly A level, either in post or whilst on a Student Teaching Placement.
- Have the ability to play a role in the development of the subject by contributing to new initiatives successfully.
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Have a keen interest in Information and Communication Technology and good ICT skills.
What the school offers its staff
- A comprehensive induction
- A commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- A competitive salary
- Access to the Trust’s Employee Assistance Programme, which includes 24 hour access for you and your family members to legal, financial, health, parenting and life advice
- 1:1 Counselling Service
- Discount Scheme for high street retailers, mobile phone providers, holidays, electrical goods, supermarkets, restaurants, cinema, etc.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme or Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Access to freshly made hot meals or deli-style food on site
- Teachers Pensions (23.68% employer contributions)
- Local Government Pension Scheme (17.9% employer contribution)
- Generous Sickness Payment Scheme
- Eye Testing Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Special Leave Policy
- Member of the Valued Worker Scheme (accredited by our recognised unions)
- A Disability Confident Committed Employer
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Collaborative working culture and professional development opportunities across our Trust schools
Commitment to safeguarding
The 3-18 Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as such this post requires acknowledgement and understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About William Brookes School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 936 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
William Brookes School is the only Coubertin School in the UK, located in the birthplace of the Modern Olympic Games. Rebuilt in 2010, our state of the art school offers students an innovative and inspirational learning environment.
Arranging a visit to William Brookes School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of English
St Peter's Collegiate Academy
Compton Park, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV3 9DU