Deadline is today
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 11:59pm
15 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Actual Salary £22,244.74-£22,610.64 (38 weeks per year, 40 hours per week)
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 3 (Outer London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment. The successful candidate will be involved in first aid related matters and have a basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Good literacy and numeracy skills,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate – must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc, as well as using and updating records and databases.
- Ability to work using own initiative, exercising good judgement where unsupervised.
- Flexibility of approach to work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; having tact and diplomacy where necessary.
What the school offers its staff
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is an Outstanding primary academy in the heart of Tottenham and we have high expectations and aspirations for your children. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education providing support, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We give them opportunities to enjoy their learning and prepare them for future academic success as well as happy lives. We have a unique creative curriculum, a clear vision, high expectations, strong moral values and a love of learning. Our academy is a multi-cultural, multi-faith family where children learn together. They respect and value each other.
We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student's learning needs.
- To assist in evaluating identified students' progress through agreed assessment activities.
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students' achievement, progress and needs.
- To lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
- To attend to the students' personal needs where required, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
- To support with behaviour management, using appropriate strategies.
- To contribute to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals.
- To assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times, including playtimes and undertaking lunchtime duty.
- To establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
- To be aware of and support difference and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To support students with their learning and development in respect of local and national learning strategies.
- To encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- To set challenging and demanding expectations, promoting self-esteem and independence.
- To prepare the classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of students' work.
- To prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist students in their use.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 446 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8808 2045
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress.Our Academy opened in September 2012; one of the48academies within the Harris Federation. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education providingsupport, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We give them opportunities to enjoy their learningand prepare them for future academic success as well as happy lives. We have a unique creative curriculum, a clear vision, high expectations, strong moral values and a love of learning. Our academy is a multi-cultural, multi-faith family where children learn together. All of our staff are primary specialists and we work together to promote the core values of the Academy and make sure that our children are safe and happy. The Executive Principal of our Academy is Mrs Joanne Taylor and assisted by Vice Principals, Mrs Sinem and Ms Martin. The Chair of Governors is Mr Mario Barosevcic. 'We believe that confidence,self esteemand strong moral values are the keys to successful futures; that all children can make a difference in the world they live. Therefore at HPACP we develop a ‘can-do’ attitude; empowering every member of the school family to embrace challenge, take risks and aspire to achieve… ‘exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can think or imagine.' - HPACP Mission Statement Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park? A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils A creative, enriched curriculum where science, ICT and arts matter A wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage. Outstanding progress and outcomes for all children
Similar jobs nearby
Dunton Green Primary School
London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2UR
Early Years Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant
Highwood Primary School
Mead Way, Bushey, Hertfordshire, WD23 2AW
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
Mayflower Road, Chafford Hundred, Essex, RM16 6SA
Chesterton Primary School
Dagnall Street, London, SW11 5DT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London