Teaching Assistant 2 , (£19,554 – 21,166 pro-rata)
Albany Academy, Chorley, Lancashire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£19,554 to £21,166|
In addition to the following duties, the post holder may be required to undertake any of the duties normally associated with a lower graded Teaching Assistant post.
Support for Pupils
• Under the general supervision and direction of the teacher to implement structured learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils.
• To undertake activities in order to monitor the personal social and emotional needs of pupils.
• To develop positive relationships with pupils to promote pupil progress and attainment.
• To assist in the devising of pupil's individual targets and their monitoring and review.
• Support pupils as part of a planned inclusion programme
• To implement specific programmes with individual pupils or groups appropriate to the developmental needs of individual children throughout different curriculum areas.
• To assist in the development of varying skills that support pupils' learning.
• To assist in the specific medical/care needs of pupils when specific training has been undertaken.
Support for the Teacher
• To monitor and record pupil progress and developmental needs.
• To produce relevant classroom resources.
• To undertake classroom administrative tasks including the maintenance of records.
• To assist in pupil supervision and assist in the management of pupil behaviour.
• To provide short term cover for classes to which the Teaching Assistant is normally assigned, when the class teacher is unexpectedly unavailable.
• To provide information to the class teacher to assist in the planning of work programmes.
• To liaise with the school's nominated person in respect of pupil absence.
• To assist with the arrangements for out of school learning activities including the administration of work experience.
• To provide clerical and administrative support including the collection and recording of money.
• Administer routine tests, assist in the invigilation and support of pupils during exams.
• Undertake routine marking of pupils work.
Support for the School
• To assist in providing an atmosphere in which effective learning can take place.
• To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies.
• To work within school policies and procedures.
• To attend staff training as appropriate.
• To take care for their own and other people's health and safety.
• To be aware of the confidential nature of issues related to home/pupil/teacher/school work.
Support for the Curriculum
• To assist the delivery of educational and developmental work programmes.
• To support the use of ICT in learning activities
Essential educational requirements
Level 2 or equivalent qualification in English/Literacy and Mathematics/Numeracy
NVQ level 2 or above qualification –appropriate to the post (or equivalent)
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
Experience of working in a relevant classroom/service environment
Experience of Administrative work
Experience of supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
Ability to operate at a level of understanding and competence equivalent to NVQ Level 2 standard
Ability to relate well to children
Ability to work as part of a team
Good communication skills
Ability to supervise and assist pupils
Time management skills
Knowledge of classroom roles and responsibilities
Knowledge of the concept of confidentiality
First Aid Certificate
Good numeracy and literacy skills
Ability to make effective use of ICT
Flexible attitude to work
|School size||685 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Albany Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Bolton Road, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 3AY