Required – as soon as possible
Abbey Road Primary School is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking and dedicated staff team. The role is fixed term, for the remainder of this academic year.
32.5 hours per week – Monday-Friday
£20,441-£21,189 full time, all year round equivalent (NJC Grade 2). Actual term-time only, part time salary is £15,703-£16,277- based on 45.6 weeks pay per year (39 working weeks plus annual leave). This will be prorated for the duration of the contract.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Enjoy being with children and put children’s well-being at the heart of all they do.
• Have experience of working with children with SEND and have high aspirations for their achievement.
• Believe in the capacity of all young people to learn and grow, despite the various challenges they face.
• Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Are able to show initiative, creativity and resilience.
• Are strong team players, willing to go the extra mile to make school a great experience for our pupils.
• Demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English.
The role will involve working alongside class teachers, other teaching assistants and the school SENCO to support a child with communication and interaction; cognition and learning and physical/personal care needs on a 1:1 basis, helping to equip them with the skills and confidence needed to thrive in an inclusive, supportive learning environment.
Abbey Road is a friendly, caring primary school and our children really enjoy coming to school. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the support of a committed and skilled team who provide a caring and engaging learning experience for our children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are therefore subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming candidates’ suitability to work with children.
Deadline for applications to be received by: 12 noon on Thursday 22nd February 2024.
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss any aspect of this position further, please contact our headteacher, Ly Toom – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are scheduled to take place during the week beginning 26th February 2024.
This job post has expired.