- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
30 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
- Contract type
- Fixed term (1 year in the first instance)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £23,016 - £24,717
- Actual salary
- Pro rata
We are seeking to employ a dedicated teaching assistant who is motivated to do the best for children. This is an excellent opportunity for a well-spoken, talented and dedicated individual willing to join a dynamic team. The successful candidate will have a preference of where they would like to be placed, in the first instance e.g. EYFS, KS1 or KS2, as we would like to play to their strengths. Graduates interested in going into teaching are welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have experience of working with children with SEN
• Be able to work as part of a team, but also use initiative and self-direction when needed
• Be calm and patient
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Have GCSE grade C (or higher) in maths and English (or equivalent)
• Have a commitment to achieving high standards
Albion Primary School is a happy, inclusive and creative school where children thrive and where innovation, initiative and creativity are encouraged. Our children are exceptional and keen to learn and all members of our school community are valued.
• Well behaved children who have a love of learning at our school
• A friendly and supportive team with high morale who all champion children’s well-being
• A very well resources and attractive environment
• A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for the whole community
• Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
• Excellent induction and a support programme for all staff new to the school
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community with excellent transport links
The role is linked to and subject to school funding and therefore will be fixed term for 1 year in the first instance.
Applying for the job
Application packs are available to download from our school website, via email or by downloading an application from within this website. More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Download an application form - 153 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 442 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Albion Primary School
We are community primary school situated in the heart of Rotherhithe with excellent transport links across London including the Jubilee Line at Canada Water and the London Overground at Rotherhithe. With a newly build state-of-the-art building, we are able to offer children an exciting learning experience and offer staff a comfortable place to work. The school serves a socially, culturally and ethnically diverse community. We have high expectations of our pupils and want to ensure that we provide the best possible education so that our children achieve both academically and have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience of life.
The school is highly respected in the local community and has built strong relationships with parents, carers and the wider school community. Albion is the first choice of school for many of our families.
Arranging a visit to Albion Primary School
This is an exciting time to join our school. If this role sounds like the job for you and if you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact BIlkees Patel, our HR Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org , or arrange an informal telephone conversation (02072373738).