- Working pattern
- Contract type
- £19,725 - £20,918 (FTE)
We are looking for innovative, inspirational Teaching Assistants who put the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• To implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom.
• The teaching assistant may also supervise whole classes occasionally.
• To provide pupil, teacher, curriculum and school support.
• To lead intervention clubs with students.
At Avanti House we deliver a rounded education to nurture confident and creative young people who will thrive in adult life. We put an equal emphasis on the highest academic achievement alongside the development of character and spiritual insight.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We are looking for someone who:
• will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos;
• will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school;
• is aspiring to become, if not already, an excellent classroom practitioner;
• is resourceful, dynamic and brings a clear understanding of assessment of learning.
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• a committed and motivated staff team;
• an attractive working environment;
• supportive parents;
• great opportunities for professional development.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities. This is a rolling advert and applocations will be reviewed weekly.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, Hindu, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1147 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Avanti House School
Avanti House is a high achieving school where the behaviour and attitudes to learning, by all students are exceptional. Students have an established and meaningful ‘voice’ through the prefect system and school council. It is through working in close partnership with parents and students that the school has grown exponentially since its opening. When Ofsted inspectors visited the school in April 2018, they reported: “Through working as a team and developing shared culture of high expectations, you and your leadership team have created a learning community that pupils say ‘feels like a family’.” Ofsted 2018 At Avanti House we deliver a rounded education to nurture confident and creative young people who will thrive in adult life. We put an equal emphasis on the highest academic achievement alongside the development of character and spiritual insight. Avanti House is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff and students at Avanti House School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.