Annual or full time equivalent salary
- (SCP 16-20) £20,043- £21,269
- (pro rata salary £17,392 - £18,456)
Teaching Assistant G5 job summary
As a school we are passionate about inclusion and we are looking for people who share the same drive and commitment. We are looking to appoint 2 highly effective and motivated Level 3 Teaching Assistants to join our wonderful SEND team. Our new colleague will be confident in establishing constructive relationships and interacting with students according to their individual needs.
The role will focus on delivering intervention sessions to students who have significant barriers to their learning to ensure success and positive educational outcomes.
The successful candidates will:
• Willingness to be flexible and support the school when needed
• Bring rigour and an eye for detail and experience to our ambitious school
• Be professional and approachable.
In return we offer
• A forward thinking and innovative Senior Leadership Team
• An open and transparent workplace that has an honest and respectful culture
• Friendly and enthusiastic children
• Caring, friendly colleagues with a strong team spirit and a positive attitude
• Supportive parents and Academy Councillors
The Westleigh School enjoys a successful partnership with the Shaw Education Trust, which is a growing multi academy trust led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience. Working with the Shaw Education Trust also allows colleagues to access a large range of well-established training opportunities and work alongside like-minded professionals across a range of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays)
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
At The Westleigh School, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment. The school/academy is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this
commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Applying for the job
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Download an application form - 82 KB
Further details and application forms are available from the school website www.thewestleighschool.co.uk /
www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers or by contacting the school.
Completed applications are returnable to Mr Carlton Bramwell (Headteacher), The Westleigh School, Westleigh Lane,
Leigh WN7 5NL via email@example.com
In accordance with our safer recruitment policy CV’s will not be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Westleigh School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 893 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
The Westleigh School is a secondary school providing education to pupils aged 11 to 16, as well as providing an adult education centre to members of the local community.
The school motto of “Aspiring and Achieving Together” accurately captures the shared vision which ensures that leaders at all levels are developing their ability to communicate high expectations.
At The Westleigh School, an unrelenting focus is placed on the quality of teaching above all else so that the pupils are able to grow in a continuously developing learning environment.