- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Part time
26.25 hours per week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 months maternity cover)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £23,427 - £24,279 per annum pro-rata
- Actual salary
- £15,163 - £15,994 per annum actual salary
Teaching Assistant x 2
Post 1: Teaching Assistant (Fixed term until 22nd July 2022)
Post 2: Teaching Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Contractual details for both posts
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months
Salary Scale: 3
Salary: £23,427 - £24,279 per annum pro-rata
Actual salary: £15,163 - £15,994 per annum
Required for: January 2022 or as soon as possible afterwards
The Headteacher and Governors at Grafton Primary School would like to appoint 2 Teaching Assistants from January 2022. This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic team that works hard to have a major impact on the children’s lives through delivering high quality teaching and learning.
We are looking for someone who:
• Under the guidance of the Senior Leaders and Class Teachers, will work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
• Will help to organise learning and classroom environments, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning under the direction of class teachers.
• Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum.
• Is able to deliver a range of exciting and creative activities.
• Has an understanding of the learning, play and development needs of the children and how school activities can support children’s educational attainment and achievement.
In return we can offer you:
• A school committed to your professional learning/development
• A vibrant and creative place to work
• A school at the heart of its community
Grafton School is a vibrant and welcoming school, situated in Holloway, within the London Borough of Islington. Please see our website www.graftonschool.co.uk to find out more about us!
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 5th December 2021
Interviews held: Week beginning 6th or 13th December 2021
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/vacancy/3691964. If you need any assistance, please email the Education HR team at email@example.com quoting reference: GFT/916.
Grafton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.