- Early years, KS1, KS2
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Salary: Scale 4 points 8 – 11
- Actual salary range £18,606- £19,978
Teaching Assistant job summary
The Headteacher and Governors at Newington Green and Rotherfield Primary Schools would like to appoint Teaching Assistants from September 2022.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are interested in working in a class based role or one to one with children who have special educational needs- preferences for age group can be discussed at interview.
(Included on our websites is information on our aspiring teacher programme for those Teaching Assistants who are interested in this programme)
Core hours are 9.00-3.30, Term time. The role also includes lunchtime supervision.
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning. We are looking for someone who can:
1. Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting.
2. Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the HLTA/Assistant Headteacher /Class Teachers to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
3. Under the guidance of AHT/HLTA, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
4. At the direction of Class Teachers/HLTA, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
5. Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum. Be familiar with lesson plans, pupil targets and learning objectives.
6. Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
Salary: Scale 4 points 8 – 11 Actual salary: Actual salary range £18,606- £19,978 per annum Hours of work: 30 Hours per week (9.00am -3.30pm) Contract: Permanent- Term Time Only
With pension contributions on top(around 22%). Additional hours for before and after school provision/clubs can be enquired about.
Closing date for applications: Midnight 19th July 2022. We reserve the right to appoint before the above dates should a suitable postholder be found. We therefore encourage early applications, so that we can organise selection activities. Applications will be checked on a regular basis.
If you need assistance, please email HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference NG/RTH/1125. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact the school directly. Please note CVs are not accepted in line with Safer Recruitment practices.
Newington Green and Rotherfield Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful, candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure, and a childcare declaration.
Applying for the job
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs. IfMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About the schools
Newington Green is a vibrant, two form entry school, with Nursery and two year old provision, serving a diverse community in Islington. The majority of pupils are of minority ethnic origin with Turkish, Somalian and Bengali being the largest ethnic groups in the school. The school has approximately 40% free school meals entitlement and over 25 languages spoken as first languages in the homes of its pupils.
Rotherfield is a vibrant, two form entry school, with Nursery, serving a diverse community in Islington. Rotherfield is situated just off Essex Road in Islington, with good transport links.
Rotherfield is a four storey Victorian building. In the corner of our playground we have kitchen garden beds and fruit trees making our fabulous ‘edible garden’. The school has recently refurbished its EYFS playground, all classrooms, and hall spaces and also gets to use some greenspace land opposite the school as an extra playground and outside learning space.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- 420 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 354 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11