We are looking for individuals who are engaging and versatile. You will be committed to ensuring every individual child receives the care, support and guidance they need to thrive and be the best they can be. We’re also looking for the following:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Positive and caring nature
- Great team player
- Passion to ensure every child achieves their full potential.
The SEND team is located in ‘the Link’ at the heart of the school and provides a safe haven for our students with special educational needs and disabilities. Our moto is ‘work hard and be nice to people’ and the school was recently described by Ofsted as a ‘friendly and happy place’ (2020). We are genuinely committed to our students and our staff, and we do everything we can to ensure every child receives the care and guidance they need to thrive. We are proud of our school and would welcome the opportunity to give you a tour, so please don’t hesitate to contact Laura Sanders (HR Assistant) on 01377 232362 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to visit or find out more.
What can we offer you?
- Free parking and good transport linkswith easy access from Hull, Beverley, Bridlington and Scarborough and surrounding villages
- Family friendly policiesand opportunities for flexible working
- Opportunities to engage with extra-curricular activitiesincluding drama, music and PE
- A programme of training and developmentand opportunities to train to be a teacher with theYorkshire Wolds Teacher Trainingshould you be interested
- Well-being support includingdiscounted East Riding gym membership; free annual flu vaccinations; refund of the cost of the annual NHS prescription prepayment certificate; access to a free employee assistance scheme 24/7 with advice on a wide range of practical issues ranging from legal information and consumer issues to specialist counselling.
- Financial incentives includinga cycle to work scheme offering discounted bike purchase, affordable loans and savings available through theSalary Finance Scheme
- Membership of theEast Riding Pension Schemewith benefits including secure earnings linked pension and a lump sum death grant of three times your salary
As a Teaching Assistant in our school, each day you will provide individual support to our students, creating opportunities to help them reach their potential in a wide range of different year groups and subject areas, ranging from music and drama to PE and Science.
The working hours are from 8.30 am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday during the school term. An additional 13 hours per year ensure you have paid time for team meetings, training and development. Your actual salary is £15,622 per annum, and this is paid in 12 equal instalments over the year so even when it is the summer holidays, you continue to receive the same payment that month. This role is fixed term from January 2023 until 31 August 2023. If you are interested in working on a part time basis, please get in touch and we are happy to explore this further with you.
Driffield School and Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment and we undertake an online check, in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023 guidance.
The Education Alliance’s Child Protection Policy can be accessed at: https://theeducationalliance.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Child-Protection-Policy.pdf and Driffield School and Sixth Form’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be accessed at: Microsoft Word – Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy September 2023 (driffieldschool.net)
This job post has expired.