We are looking to appoint Teaching Assistant to join our team at The Oldham Academy North, to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Reporting to the HLTA or SLT link.
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support pupils to understand instructions and support independent learning
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary - £14,101 - £14,817 - FTE: £18,333 - £19,264
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Th Oldham Academy Northis an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community.We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 20% of schools nationally.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of young peopleand vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject toenhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks andsatisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed topromoting equality, challenging discrimination and developingcommunity cohesion. We welcomeapplications from all sections of the community.