Teaching Assistant Level 2 - Part time - pro-rata salary £14,469 - £16,479
To work under the guidance of designated teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area under the guidance of teaching/senior staff.
Please go to our website www.theradclyffeschool.co.uk / vacancies for further details, job description, person specification and application form
Essential educational requirements
• A*-C grade in G.C.S.E. English (or equivalent)
• A*- C grade in G.C.S.E. Maths (or equivalent)
NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience
Essential skills and experience
Build and maintain effective relationships with all students & colleagues
• Use of ICT to support learning
• Work with children at all levels regardless of specific individual need and to identify learning styles as appropriate
• Adapt your own approach in accordance with student needs
• Liaise sensitively with parents and carers
• Promote a positive ethos and be a good role model
• Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities
• Continually improve own practice/knowledge through self evaluation and learning from others
About The Radclyffe School
The Radclyffe School is a popular 11-16 maintained Foundation (Co-operative) Trust school in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham. The Governing Body has direct responsibility for the employment of staff, its finances, the running of the school and the outcomes it achieves. It is a larger than average secondary school with 1500 mixed gender students on roll. The school is full in every year group. Over 70% of students are from ethnic minority backgrounds, most of whom are of Pakistani or Bangladeshi heritage. Some 30% of students qualify for free school meals or a clothing grant to help with the purchase of school uniform. We are proud that in an Ofsted inspection in November 2015, we were judged to be an Outstanding School, Outstanding in every category.
- Hunt Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 0LS
- LA Maintained School
- The Radclyffe School website (opens in a new window)