- Implement planned learning activities / teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses and resolving related problems as appropriate;
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher for the session;
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress / activities;
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher;
- Communicates with pupils to promote learning;
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons / activities under the direction of the teacher;
- Responsible for the careful and safe use equipment including ICT;
- Support pupils in social, health and emotional well-being, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher;
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, as appropriate;
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required;
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to safeguarding procedures;
- Demonstrate and adhere to the schools health and safety policies and procedures.
Teaching Assistants in this role may also:
- Assist in the development of individual development plans for pupils;
- Support the work of volunteers and other teaching assistants in the classroom;
- Support the use of ICT in the curriculum;
- Assist with break-time supervision including facilitating games and activities;
- Assist in escorting and supervising pupils on educational visits and out of school activities;
- Select, prepare and clear away classroom materials and learning areas ensuring they are available for use, including developing and presenting displays;
- Support children’s learning through play;
- Support pupils in developing and implementing their own personal and social development;
- Assist pupils with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence;
- Indicative knowledge, skills and experience;Level 3 NVQ and Level 3 certificate in supporting teaching and learning or equivalent experience.
Catholic Primary School is a welcoming and vibrant school located in Thornton
Cleveleys with 226 pupils currently on roll in our school and nursery. We offer a warm family ethos and
value the importance of working with the whole community to ensure that St
Teresa’s Catholic Primary School is a place where children love learning and
make the best progress.
If you are a
committed and caring, who learns as well as supports, then we would like to
offer you an opportunity to work in a school that has:
- Engaged and well-behaved children
- A supportive and welcoming team of staff
- Gospel values at the heart of the school
- An attractive and inspiring environment
- A skilled team of teaching assistants to support the
This is a Grade
C position. As a member of staff with St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, you
will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the future of lives of
our children whilst developing your own professional skills and expertise.
Joining our team will offer a wealth of opportunities, including access to
well-being support programmes and the chance to become part of an ambitious and
supportive network of professionals. We will expect the successful applicant to
further enhance our positive culture where we support every child to develop their
unique God-given gifts and talents.
The Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners, staff and visitors.
All posts are subject to:
● To DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
● Medical clearance
● Verification of your qualifications and National Insurance number.
● References are required including a judgement about your suitability to work with children.
● Open references will not be accepted.
● A member of the interview panel will be trained in implementing Child Protection procedures.
● In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out.
This job post has expired.