- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Part time
31.5 per week, term time only
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 months)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £20,092 - £21,748
- Actual salary
- £14,802 - £16,022
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to provide one to one intimate care to a student with additional needs within Clifton Community School. You will ensure that the student receives care that respects their dignity and that they feel comfortable with.
You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’.
Duties will include:
• Providing intimate care which meets the needs of the student in conjunction with the safeguarding policy.
• During lessons to work under the direction of teaching staff.
• Undertaking support programmes to enable access to learning of pupils.
• Being routinely involved in the delivery of complex support tasks to individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Supporting students with a range of both behavioural and emotional difficulties.
• Working 1:1 with students.
• Establishing good relationships with pupils, and respond to individual needs
• Encouraging inclusion and acceptance in all pupils
• Encouraging pupils to interact with others and to engage in activities led by the teacher
• Identifying barriers to learning and determine appropriate strategies to support individual students
• Using strategies to support pupils to achieve learning goals
• Supporting pupils to understand instructions and keep pupils on task
• Preparing resources relevant to the learning activity and assist pupils in their use
Our ideal candidate will be able to promote positive behaviour and suggest and implement activities which will help develop pupils social skills and self-discipline.
You should enjoy working with young people and have good communication skills.
A minimum of Mathematics and English GCSE grade 4/C is required and a teaching assistant qualification would be an advantage.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 875 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Clifton Community School
Secondary School, Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11 - 16 school of 800 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. It is a school with high expectations and a student centred focus. Ofsted 2019 acknowledged that Leaders and teachers have a real passion for doing their best for pupils. Clifton is a 'Good' school (Ofsted December 2019), with the drive and determination to be outstanding.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our WPT’s vision can be found on the website which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
The Wickersley Partnership Trust offers:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the family of schools
• The support and expertise of our outstanding faculties working across the family of schools
• Opportunities for significant career development
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and Recently Qualified
• Access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development across the multi