- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Term time
32.5 hours per week - term time only
Working times will be agreed - hours may need to be adjusted by the Principal from time to time and will be based on the school’s needs
- Contract type
- Fixed term (until 31 August 2022)
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- GR3 £20,903 – £27,041
- Actual salary
- (actual salary £16,223 - £20,987)
Ninestiles School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team as a Teaching Assistant. Working under the instruction/guidance of the SENDCO, senior leadership team and in collaboration with teaching staff to support the delivery of quality learning, teaching and assessment to help raise standards of achievement for all students. This is a fixed term position until 31st August 2022 due to additional funding which has been granted to provide additional support for Inculsion student.
To be considered for this post you must hold an NVQ Level 3 qualification (minimum entry requirement) and ideally have some experience in working with children. You must be an individual who has the skills and passion to positively impact on our pupils. You must also possess the commitment, enthusiasm and energy to inspire them every day. You must show your ability to interact well with pupils and teachers alike in a culture built on the values of mutual trust and respect.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be supporting teaching primarily in our Teaching and Learning Resource Base. Working alongside the class teacher you will supervise outside-class learning from pupils who have been identified as needing extra support or intervention.
It would be advantageous if candidates could demonstrate the following:-
• Experience of supporting pupils with speech, language and communication needs including autism
• Experience of working with pupils with cognition and learning needs thereby able to collaborate with teachers to differentiate / scaffold learning tasks and activities for pupils working significantly below age related expectations
• An understanding of pupils sensory differences
• Experience of helping pupils to understand and regulate their emotional responses and develop a greater sense of self-awareness, independence and resilience
• Working knowledge of a range of interventions and approaches to enhance literacy and numeracy development
• Maths specialism
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1487 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Ninestiles, an Academy
The greatest strength of our school is our students who are often praised for their
creativity, musical talents, artistic performances and the respect they have for one another. Students generally understand the importance of learning, value their school and are proud to be part of it.
Ninestiles has a very reflective teaching staff body who welcome feedback from parents and students to secure the needs of all learners. The school has a wide and varied curriculum, students have access to an impressive range of sporting and extracurricular activities with well over sixty enrichment opportunities offered after school. There is a strong culture of safeguarding and staff work positively with the leadership team to ensure students are kept safe. The leadership team of Ninestiles is progressive and has the vision, drive and support to lead the school on a journey of excellence, with staff that have a passion for teaching and learning.
Arranging a visit to Ninestiles, an Academy
please contact the school directly 0121 628 1311