We require a Teaching Assistant to join us to work across our Penbridge Schools. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone. The successful applicant will be helping students in our Inclusion Centre as well as the wider school.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade 4/C or above).
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached Job Description
- Provide teaching and learning to our students with the support of the Classroom Teacher
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Ability to inspire, challenge and motivate
- Committed to supporting pupils to reach their full potential
- Participate in the Walking Bus between school sites on a rota basis
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good ICT skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
Formally known as Penhale Infant School and Newbridge Junior School, we officially joined together in September 2022 to form Penbridge Primary School.The infants site comprises of a nursery for 30 children and a 2-form entry infant school with 180 children on the roll including 16 in our Rainbow Fish Inclusion Unit.
“Pupils are happy and enjoy attending this welcoming school” – Ofsted 2022
At Penbridge Schools, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
Penbridge School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.