LBR3, Point 5-6
Teaching Assistant – SEN and Autism
Salary: LBR Grade 3 – points 5 to 6 – £21,591 - £21,981 FTE
£15,273 - £18,140 at pro rata value
(Depending on experience and working pattern)
Welcome Thank you for your interesting in becoming a Teaching Assistant for SEN and Autism at The Forest Academy. The Forest Academy is on an exciting journey, and we are looking for a teaching assistant who is committed to making a difference to the lives of our students.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate, reliable and empathetic teaching assistant to work within a highly successful SEND Provision. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to work collaboratively within mainstream and/or our very successful ASD provision (BCS) to improve the outcomes of SEND students.
The Forest Academy (TFA) is a part of the Beacon Multi Academy Trust, along with Beal High School, North East London Teaching Alliance (NELTA) and Beacon Business Innovation Hub (BBIH). TFA is a mixed comprehensive school, located in the north east corner of Redbridge.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
- This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant, or those looking to start a career path in teaching.
- The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and/or qualifications in working with children with special needs, ASD specific would be desirable but not essential
- The ability to support our students in their mainstream lessons as well as in smaller group interventions
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Be able to work using their own initiative and demonstrate effective behaviour management skills
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
An Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Further information and an application form can be found at www.beaconacademytrust.co.uk
Please forward your electronic applications to email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Applying for the job
Please complete the BMAT application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.