We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our team at The Oldham Academy North, to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Reporting to the HLTA or SLT link.
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support pupils to understand instructions and support independent learning
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary - SCP 2 - 4 £17,278 - £17,856 FTE 22,366 - 23,114
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Th Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 20% of schools nationally.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.