At Wray Common, we take pride in placing children at the heart of everything we do. Our school is a high-performing academic school, but it is and will always be so much more than this. Wray Common provides a series of memorable learning experiences, a community of care and support and a home for all to learn and succeed. Our dedicated team of teachers and support staff are committed to providing learning opportunities that will encourage children to grow not only academically, but socially and personally too. We are now looking for the right person to join our team as a Teaching Assistant. This vacancy is for anyone with the passion and ability to play a significant part in improving the lives of our children.
The successful candidate will:
- have a good level of general educational qualifications
- enjoy working with children and be able to show initiative both in class and group situations
- have an interest in special educational needs
- have an understanding of learning and be able to contribute to assessment and planning
- have high expectations, together with caring attitude and flexibility
- know how to provide the children with a safe and secure environment
In addition you will:
- have lots of energy and patience
- demonstrate good communication skills
- have a positive, hardworking attitude
- be able to work effectively within a committed team of TAs and Teachers
- be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
This is a full-time term time role working 31.5 hours per week, 38.6 weeks per annum. The full time equivalent annual salary is £19,239 to £20,840, the pro rata annual salary is £14,333 to £15,526.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 5th January 2023 at 9am, however please note applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to appoint earlier than the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Wray Common Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and an overseas criminal records check if you have lived or worked outside the UK within the last 10 years.
This job post has expired.