Teaching & Learning Support Assistant
This job expired on 20 February 2023
Start date details
ASAP following pre-employment checks
20 February 2023 at 9am
6 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Monday - Friday, 33hrs/week, term-time + 5 days (195 days/year)
Full-time equivalent salary
- £21,575 - £22,369 FTE, £16,607 - £17,218 Actual, £11.18-£11.59/hr
What skills and experience we're looking for
2 POSTS AVAILABLE – 1 PERMANENT & 1 MATERNITY COVER
Please state clearly on your application form which role, or both roles, you wish to apply for.
1. Permanent, Term-time + 5 training days
2. Fixed term to cover maternity leave from 1/4/2023, Term-time + 5 days
- Contribute to planning and evaluation of learning, providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on learners’ attainment, progress, behaviour and attitudes to learning
- Supervises and provides specialist support for individuals with SEN, disabilities, personal and health needs, EAL, etc. ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals and groups of learners understanding clearly how children, young people and vulnerable adults with complex and Special Educational Needs learn
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- Sets challenging and demanding expectations and promotes self-esteem and independence
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
- Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
- Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact and diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
What the school offers its staff
Work forHumber Education Trust ....We value our employees.
The following benefits are available to employees within our academies:
- Competitive Salary
- Teacher’s Pension & Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Occupational Health Referrals & Counselling
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Parental and dependent care leave
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers (applicable if already enrolled pre October 2018)
Employee Benefits - Permanent& Fixed Term Contracted Employees
- 20% Discounted Gym Membership - Hull City Council Leisure
- Display Screen User Eye Tests
- Continuous Professional Development for All Staff
- Access to Middle and Senior Leadership Courses
- Supportive staff, committed to improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
- Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
- A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our Teaching & Learning Ambassadors and peer networks.
- Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
- Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
- A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
- Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Frederick Holmes School
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 19
- School size
- 107 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Frederick Holmes School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01482 804766
Frederick Holmes School is an all age special school for pupils with severe physical disabilities and those with profound and multiple needs. It is a school where all children are valued and all staff work extremely hard to deliver an inspirational curriculum in a supportive and caring environment. The school is based in a new building close to the university and has up to 85 places. Frederick Holmes School is Ofsted rated ‘Good’. Respect for others and positive attitudes are fundamental to its ethos and independence is nurtured with each child is given the opportunity to flourish and reach their potential. Frederick Holmes School converted to academy status and joined Humber Education Trust in September 2018.
Arranging a visit to Frederick Holmes School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kingston Upon Hull