Teaching of Computing
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high-quality lessons which engage, motivate, and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standards and Quality of Education Framework.
- Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching.
- Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students.
- Consistently apply the Academy Behaviour Policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the subject team and academy assessment schedule.
- In consultation with the Director of ICT & Digital Learning, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the subject strategic action plan.
- Be a form tutor for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their social, emotional and citizenship education and development.
- Within the subject team, make a strong contribution to agreed PSHCE areas as designated to the subject area through ‘immersion’ curriculum experiences.
- Implement all
academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform,
use of planners and other routines detailed in the staff handbook.
- Observe academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements, and equality policies.
Participate in the academy performance management process, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the academy’s goal to be an outstanding
What the school offers its staff
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 academy and one of four schools within White Rose Academies Trust, a trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The academy had a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development in all sectors.
Please apply if you wish to work for a Multi Academy Trust which values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Leeds City Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 877 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Leeds City Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Leeds City Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The King's School
Mill Hill Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 4JF
Teacher of Computer Science and I-Media
Oakworth Road, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD22 7DU
Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College
Storrs Hill Road, Ossett, West Yorkshire, WF5 0DG
Ring Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 5AG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire